A pod system, also called a pod mod, is a type of electronic cigarette that uses pre-filled pods instead of tanks. Pod systems are similar to cigalikes in that they are small, easy to use, and do not require much maintenance.
However, DotMod DotAIO V2 Pod System differs in that they use nicotine salt e-liquid instead of freebase e-liquid, and they have much higher nicotine strengths. Pod systems are designed for smokers who want to switch to vaping but find other types of vaping devices too complicated.
The types available:
There are two main types of pod systems: closed and open.
- Closed pod systems come with pre-filled pods that cannot be refilled, while open pod systems come with empty pods that can be filled with any e-liquid.
- Closed pod systems are more convenient, but open pod systems give you more control over your nicotine strength and flavor.
How to use:
- To use a pod system, first, insert a pod into the device. Most pod systems have a magnetic connection that makes this easy.
- Once the pod is inserted, the device will automatically start heating the e-liquid inside. Inhale from the mouthpiece to take a puff.
- Most pod systems are draw-activated, meaning they do not have a fire button.
- However, some devices do have a fire button, which is used to activate the device manually.
- If your device has a fire button, press it and inhale from the mouthpiece to take a puff.
Pros and cons:
Pod systems have several advantages over other types of vaping devices.
- They are small and portable, easy to use, and require little maintenance.
- In addition, pod systems give you more control over your nicotine strength than cigalikes or disposable e-cigarettes.
However, there are also some disadvantages to using a pod system.
- For one, they can be more expensive than other types of vaping devices.
- In addition, you may not be able to find as many flavor options for pod systems as you can for other devices.
- Finally, because pod systems use nicotine salt e-liquid, they may not provide as much of a throat hit as freebase e-liquid.
Tips to take care:
Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your pod system:
- Prime the pod before use.
- Avoid dry hits. A dry hit is when you take a puff from your device and get no vapor, just a mouthful of hot air.
- Don’t overdo it.
- Clean your device regularly.
There are many benefits to using a pod system, but there are also some drawbacks. Overall, pod systems are a great option for smokers who want to switch to vaping but find other devices too complicated. Just be sure to prime the pods before use, avoid dry hits, and clean your device regularly.